Monday, September 28, 2020

REVIEW~WATCH ME by Stacey Kennedy

 

Watch Me (Phoenix #1)Watch Me by Stacey Kennedy
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

RATING: 2.5 STARS (No book hangover and no extra caffeine needed the next morning)



Things started out fantastic. The blurb was good. The cover was great. It was a no brainer that I chose this read out of a billion others on Net Galley. I thought I had the perfect book to read. I thought I would finish this in just a few hours. But, oh...

Okay, okay, so there’s a host of four and five star reviews on this book. Everyone has their own opinions, and I respect this. For me, I just couldn’t connect with the characters. Although I have great sympathy for victims of physical assault, I had no sympathy for Zoey because of her actions after the attack. I can handle instalove, but no matter how hard I tried, I was not able to fall into the suspension of disbelief. This is why:

1. The actions don’t line up! Zoey was a virgin. Most virgins are too scared/shy to even let a man watch them undress, but Zoey hacks her way into an exclusive BDSM/voyeur club and gets it on with a total stranger IN FRONT OF HER ATTACKERS just to prove she’s still a virgin. Uh….wha????


2. After one session at the club where Zoey loses her innocence to a total stranger, she instantly becomes a dog in heat and is totally comfortable being intimate in front of a bunch of strangers over and over again. Oh no, no, no.



There were a few things I did appreciate:

The author did not use raunchy and graphic descriptions to describe love scenes. Love scenes didn’t drag on and on forever.

The book was the perfect length. A short, quick read even thought I pushed myself to finish.


***I would like to thank the publisher for providing a copy of this book on Net Galley. This review was voluntary. Best of luck to this author.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

  Practical advice and activities that you can use to heal the wounds of the past so you can enjoy a brighter future full of joy, healthy re...